This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Community Fundraising/Outreach Coordinator
Posted date [2012-Feb-16] (ID: 4060)
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Development Foundation (IDF) is seeking a motivated, efficient person to fill the full-time position of Community Fundraising/Outreach Coordinator, starting immediately.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Community Fundraising/Outreach Coordinator serves as a team member and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting ISNA. In partnership with the ED, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development outreach activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build ISNA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
It is expected that the amount raised by ISNA will increase in future years as the Community Fundraising/Outreach Coordinator helps to systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Providing khutbatul Juma’s at Masajid
• Ramadan Outreach Events including Taraweeh and Juma fundraising
• ISNA Day Events
• Regional Conferences
• Private fundraising events
• Presentations to community leaders and board members
• Plan, organize and facilitate fundraising activities and events, such as dinners and concerts
• Engage with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities, as appropriate
• Schedules and delivers presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds
• Prepares and submits plans, projections and reports to the Executive Director
• Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants are expected to be versed in fundraising; having previous experience with religious non-profit organizations is preferable. Applicants must fulfill the following:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
• Excellent organization skills
• Computer proficiency
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong speaking skills
• Energetic with the ability to multitask
• Experience working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities
• Previous fundraising experience is preferred
• Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
The position is a full time job in the ISNA Development Foundation in Plainfield, IN and requires the successful applicant to work out of the IDF in Plainfield, IN, traveling 80% of the time. Successful applicants will receive competitive salary and benefits. Pay is commensurate with education, skills and experience.
ISNA is a religious, not-for-profit organization which offers a variety of services to meet the religious, educational, and cultural needs of Muslim communities across North America.